Issue: I suffer from boughts of panic attacks. Not very often, but at least once, sometimes twice a month. And though they don’t come that often, they still kick my booty.
Cause: I haven’t figured out what causes them completely. But I have noticed things that set them off.
1. If I am totally stressed.
2. If I have had something tragic happen.
3. If I have an unexplained sudden pain (in my chest, stomach, head, arm, leg, back…you get the idea!).
Symptoms: My stomach starts hurting, I start feeling all clammy, I get lightheaded, and I literally feel like I am going to die. I think that if I fall asleep, I’m never waking up.
Cures: Anything that helps me relax and/or get my mind off of things. I can read a good book or magazine, watch a funny movie, take a nice warm (not hot, that makes it worse), or sometimes I just MAKE myself go to sleep and turn things over to God.
Well last night, I felt one coming on. My stomach started hurting and I started feeling lightheaded. I was laying in bed with Sissy when this started and I told her that Mommy’s stomach hurt. My 3 year old had done something that my momma used to do when I was little and got a stomach ache. She rubbed my belly. Oddly, it helped. The thought of her comforting me the only way she knew how, calmed me enough that I could relax and go to sleep.
Oh how I love my little girl!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment