Friday, September 10, 2010

My Readings

When I was younger, I used to read, a LOT. When I was home, I loved to go outside, climb a tree and just read. The Babysitter Club books were my all time favorite!

 

As I started high school, my reading usually only consisted of what was assigned. Between school, basketball, work, family, and boys, I didn’t have much time for reading on my own.

I just got back into “free-style” reading in probably the past year or so. It all started with the Stephenie Meyers Twilight Saga.

I LOVED these books, so much so that I have read them all at least 3 times! Then I decided I had to move on. I had to read something about things other than vampires and werewolves…though, why would I want to?!?!

I managed to read The Second Life of Bree Tanner.

I know, still vampires, but it was a really good book! Stephenie Meyer sure knows how to write, let me tell ya!

Anyways, I finally moved forward and started reading some Nicholas Sparks books.  It started with A Bend in the Road. I knew I liked the author but I didn’t know how much until I started looking for his books! I don’t have all of his books but I plan on getting them! I do have The Last Song, The Lucky One, and Dear John.

Then I read The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand. Which made me realize that I liked her as well. I also plan on getting more of her books as well.

It looks as though a trip to the used book store is needed!!! Right now, I am reading a book called Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel. Back to the vampires….I know.

Do you have any suggestions of books that I might like?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you like (mildly) suspenseful books, but I am on a Sandra Brown kick. Her stories are good!! :)
    I like Nicholas Sparks, but always feel so bummed out afterwards! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may sound childish, but the Harry Potter books are hands-down awesome. I've read all of them multiple times and always find something new in each book that I missed the time before. I read all of them to Stephen (out loud, word for word) after we got married. He loved them, too.

    You would LOVE Francine Rivers. She's a Christian author. I've only read two of her novels, but they were both incredible -- Redeeming Love, and The Atonement Child. Read them both! SO good. I want to read more of hers.

    I like most John Grisham novels. Some of them are TOO "legal-y" for me, but most of them are pretty good.

    I know alot of people don't like her, but I love Danielle Steele. I also like LaVyrle Spencer and Nora Roberts.

    I think I could go on and on... but I'll leave it at that. :)
    Also, I keep meaning to give Stephen your Sonic card -- it's in my car, but we are on such different schedules right now I keep forgetting to give it to him. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete