Monday, December 20, 2010

Exhaustion…

Oh my…it’s been crazy around the house here lately! We’ve been to both of Hubby’s Christmas parties this month, and as much fun as I have had in the past at the big one, this years wasn’t that much fun. I think it was the lack of games.

We did the song game (i.e. IDOAWC- I’m Dreaming Of A White Christmas), we also did a “How Well Do You Know Your Co-Workers” game (which the most fun part of that was Hubby was the answer to one of the questions!), and a trivia game about the founder of the company.

The place where the party was held is a beautiful resort here in town, so props to them for that! And the food the resort did was pretty good too!

The other work party he had was just the management team and their spouses. We had it at a local Mexican restaurant and that one kept me pretty entertained and laughing!!

The town held it’s annual Christmas parade, fireworks show, and lighting of the parks Christmas lights. The kids liked everything but the fireworks…but that might have been because we sat right under where they were exploding!!

For gifts this year, for the family and family friends, I made some cookie platters.  It’s saved on money, that’s for sure. Saturday evening we had dinner with Hubby’s grandparents, two of his brothers and one of his sisters. We had a nice time, except for the fact that Bubba had been sick all morning! He seemed to be doing better that evening, but got sick at dinner.

Yesterday everything was normal. We went to church, then out to eat, and then yesterday evening we went to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law’s house to hang out for a while. We got home and into bed about 10 o’clock.

At 230 this morning, I woke up to Sissy throwing up! She threw up about every 15 minutes until about 630 this morning. We finally got to sleep, and slept until 9am. I thought things were better, until about 20 minutes ago, when she threw up the water she had been drinking!

As much as it stinks to have the bug in our house, I’m glad that it’s hitting BEFORE Christmas instead of AT Christmas!!! Here’s hoping we, and you, don’t get it!!

1 comment: