So I went for my second treatment yesterday! It only took 2 hours as opposed to the almost 5 hours the first one took! Thank God!! But, I have apparently been having some really high blood pressure and we had to stay there for about an hour and a half just to see if it would go down any. It was still high, but low enough that they were okay with sending me home.
My bestie, SA, went with me and as bad as 8 hours running around the hospital sounds we actually fun! One of the most fun things we got to do is I got to pick out my first wig! Or as Dr. Makhoul likes to call it, my Cranial Prosthesis! That it was apparently the medical terminology for a wig is called and he just lost it when he seen it. So to him, it is no longer a wig! HA
I tried on about half a dozen wigs, had one picked out that we like and I spotted another one that just had to try on. We ALL fell in love with it! So here is my first wig:
And what do I look like without it? Well, when I got home last night, I couldn’t stand all the bald spots shining through so I did this:
Yep, I buzzed it all off! You can still see some baldness, so I will keep it covered until I lose the rest of it. I also will have to keep it covered when I’m outside to keep my head from burning too bad!
The only bad news, besides my high blood pressure, is the fact that I have to go BACK to LR this morning for a shot! One stinking shot! I was supposed to get it yesterday, but low and behold, my insurance won’t pay for it until the next day! So I have to take another trip up there for this shot!
I can’t complain too much though, because I want this shot more than anything! It’s called Neulasta! It will keep my levels from dropping so low so I don’t get so sick and end up in the hospital! Praise God that He has given someone the ability to come up with this drug! I sure hope my body takes it well!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment