So as much I was hoping it wouldn’t happen, it seems to be. I’m losing my hair! I had cut it awhile back and it was starting to grow out. It was down to my shoulders! So it was a little longer than this:
As much as I was loving this look…it was hard the first time I got in the shower and started pulling long black chunks of hair out! I admit it, I cried…hard! I had to keep telling myself that “I have cancer. One of the things that is gonna help cure me is gonna make my hair fall out. I can deal with that.”
I also have had to keep reminding myself that I am me. My hair doesn’t make me who I am. I can’t let me being bald change who I am and what I know. And I know that ‘they” can take my hair or even my tah tahs, but they can’t take my soul. It’s already taken! I am a child of God and being bald isn’t going to change that!
Yes, I still have to keep reminding myself all of that almost every time I take a shower or look at my pillow or shirt and it’s got more hair on it than not. I will be okay!
So what do I look like now?
Yep, I chopped it all off after that first shower. I couldn’t stand it. I’ve tried different looks with this style, including a faux mohawk, but Sissy didn’t much care for it. I also tried for a messy look, but I can’t seem to just get it right.
My sister, bless her heart, got online and bought me a hair wrap with instructions for me. It came with a plain black scarf and then a head wrap that I just have to tie the back in a bow.
I FINALLY got out to run some errands (after my little stint in the hospital, I was under home lock down!). I decided to try out my new wrap and to be honest…I liked it! It was much better than going without anything or with just a hat. Though today, I may go with just a hat…we shall see.
My next treatment is this Friday. I have to see Dr. Makoul, my medical oncologist, first though and I am excited for him to see that the main tumor they were watching has shrunk! I’m hoping that if one treatment did that, that it also helped with those pesky little infected lymph nodes!!
I can do ALL things through Christ, which strengthenth me!
Phil 4:13





I think it looks cute! Keep rocking that head scarf and add some fun earrings like Samantha in Sex and the City. Good luck on Friday!
ReplyDeleteYou look great with or without hair....love the new cut:) and you will really love it this summer :) Keep walking in Faith!
ReplyDeleteyou look awesome! we are praying for you!
ReplyDeletei wanted to give you my aunts blog addy she had Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Diagnosed in February 2010.
http://neverlosespirit.blogspot.com/
jessica