Hubby and I have been looking at buying a house by next spring. We will have all of our debt paid off with our income tax return and plan on using his bonus check as a down payment. I'm very much excited about this! I hate putting money towards rent. It doesn't go to anything, but the fact that we have a roof over our head for the next month. And we can't even do anything to the house, except keep it clean. Not fun!
Anyways, we have looked about everything we can find that is online, and even went to look at 4 or 5 houses in person. Only one to which we even kinda liked, but there is still some stuff that we would have to do to it. We don't want to buy a house that we have to do anything to to be able to move in. We don't have the time to do anything to it. We are willing to pay for it move in ready!
I am planning on going to look at another house tomorrow that was just put on the market today! I drove by it this evening, and am excited about going to look inside of it. Hubby has to work, so it's just going to be me, the kids, and our realtor lady. I hope that it is better than the others.





Good luck! I've had my eye on houses as well, but I think Stephen and I have decided to stay where we are for now (we do own now, I just want a nicer neighborhood and a 3 bedroom instead of 2 bedroom!) and I'm going to finish my Bachelors this spring then we'll go from there. Hopefully once I get a better paying job, we'll be more at peace with buying a nicer, newer, [more expensive] house!
ReplyDelete