Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Little Miracle!

I had to have my yearly check-up today and was reminded just how much God has blessed us!

Before we had Sissy, we had went through 2 miscarriages. We actually didn’t get very excited when we found out we were pregnant with her. Didn’t want to jinx anything!!!

So today, in the doctor’s office I was reminded of just how lucky we are to have our 3 1/2 year old little girl!  One of the workers , LH, was was telling the other worker in the office, ML, about how Sissy is lucky to even be here today. That we had a lot of problems with her.

I made the comment that yes, we had 2 miscarriages before her. LH said, “Yeah, but you had a lot of problems while you were pregnant with her!” She then told ML the story of my first prenatal office visit, the one I totally forgot about after the past few years.

When I went in for my first visit, DR. JM wanted to do an ultrasound, just because of my previous issues. He told us that he couldn’t find a heartbeat, or even a water sac. In fact, he could see no evidence that I was indeed pregnant, except for my urine sample.

He told Hubby and I that he expected me to have a miscarriage and told me the steps to take when the time came. He did say that he wanted me to go to the hospital 2 weeks later to have the ultrasound technician look and make sure that everything had ‘expelled’ like it should, or if, by some miracle, I was still pregnant, that everything was okay.

Within the next two weeks, I experienced no bleeding, but tons of morning sickness instead. When my US appointment time had come, we were prepared for anything.

Tears filled both of mine and Hubby’s eyes as the tech told us the news…. “There is the heartbeat, which is beating fast and healthy!! Everything looks good! Congratulations!!”

Three and a half years later, our little miracle baby can be a handful, but she is most definitely a gift from God!!!

 

100_0569

 

Hailee P 007

No comments:

Post a Comment