Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OOOOH. MYYYY.GRACIOUS!

This past weekend was very uneventful, even though it was the much coveted Valentines weekend. Hubby had Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off, and we basically laid around and did nothing.

Sunday morning, the kids and I got up and went to our church for Sunday School, then met Hubby at his family’s church for services.  It started snowing as soon as we walked out of the church doors!

We then took the kids home for some much needed naps! We decided for lunch we would do something we haven’t done in quite some time….we got Chinese to go!!! We used to eat Chinese ALL the time, but since the kids, we don’t ever, and I mean EVER go out to eat anymore. It’s always, “Order something and go get it”. Anyways, as Sissy and I walked out of the door to get lunch, the ground was already covered in white!! Of course, it didn’t last long. By yesterday afternoon, it was all almost gone!

Because of the snow and cold/icy weather, our church activities, including the annual Valentine’s Banquet was cancelled for the evening. So we spend the evening watching the NBA All-Star game….Go Bron-Bron! Go Bron-Bron! LOL…that’s what Hubby and Bubba kept screaming while watching it. Of course Bubba’s was more “Gu BomBom! Gu BomBom!” Too cute!!

I have been wanting a new cell phone. Nothing fancy, I don’t do fancy, but different. I have had a Razr since they first came out, and really wanted something with a QWERTY keyboard. Hubby and I had been checking out the Straight Talk prepaid plan, which happened to have a phone like I wanted, and decided that going with that was going to be the best thing for me. The plan I got is a $45 a month plan with unlimited EVERYTHING!!!

Straight Talk is only available at select WM’s and our hometown WM has been out of them for a while now. So I got online and tracked down the closest WM that had some in stock. There was one about an hour away that had some, and I HAD to go!!

So Yesterday, Monday, morning, we all got up and around and headed that way. We made a day of it. We drove about 30 minutes from that WM and went to the Fort to look for a a new car. Hubby is looking to trade in his 2 door sports car, for a 4 door sports car. LOL

So we went by a Toys R Us, and somehow, Sissy knew exactly what it was and wanted to go. So before leaving town, we stopped.  The kids LOVED it! So many toys, and things to look at. All Sissy could say as she walked down the aisles was, “What in the world?!?! OOOOHHH. MYYYY. GRACIOUS!” She was super excited to see all that stuff!

On the way home from the Fort, our Music and ATV minister from church called me. Since the Valentine’s Banquet was cancelled, they had rescheduled it for last night. They were doing pictures, and the girl who was supposed to do them couldn’t make it, so he called me. I had 30 minutes when we got home to get my camera ready and set me new phone up before having to be there. But I had fun, none the less.

Hubby had to go back to work today, so the kids and I sat around and did nothing today. We did find out that it is a HUGE possibility that we may get to close on our house by the end of next week!!!!!!!! I am SUPER excited about that!!! So more on that later, I think I have bored you guys (or you  one person that reads this!) enough with this post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment