Friday, June 18, 2010

SUYL-Proposal Story

So the topic over at Kelly’s Korner – Show Us Your Life today is Proposal Stories. Hubby and my story isn’t that intriguing but I will share it none-the-less.

When Hubby and I first started dating, I had just recently filed for divorce from my ex-husband. Hubby and I had been talking about marriage after being together for about a month or so (yes I know that was a little soon, but we had known each other and been friends for 4 years prior, and it just felt right). My divorce wasn’t final yet, and we knew that we didn’t want to rush right into it anyways.

The day my lawyer called me and told me that my divorce was final was a very memorable day. It was a cold January day. I was at work, and Hubby was at home sleeping (he worked nights at the time) when I got the call. When I got of work, I went to the bakery and I had them write “It’s Final” on a big cookie cake. I then bought some little votive candles and a single red rose.

When I got to Hubby’s house, I arraigned the candles in a circle and lit them, and placed the cookie under the couch. I went and woke him up (it was about time for him to get up and get ready for work anyways!)  and asked him to come out to the living room. While he was waking up enough to walk in there, I went and sat in the middle of the candles with the rose in my hand.

He walked out and I said, “Will you marry me?” He smiled and said, “I told you that I would”. “Tomorrow?” I asked. When he got the look of question on his face, I pulled out the cookie and said, “Because ‘It’s Final’”! He picked me up, grabbed me around the waist, and gave me a huge hug!

Within a few days, we went and picked out a ring, and set a date for Sept 19, 2002, eight months away.

1 comment: