When people tell me that Sissy is the spitting image of me, I always respond with, “Yeah, but she acts just like her Daddy”
That’s not entirely true though. Sissy acts a LOT like me and Bubba acts a LOT like Hubby.
Sissy has the same stubbornness, dramatic, cries about everything attitude. As bad as I hate to admit it, so do I. Bubba has a more laid back, happy go lucky, but don’t tick me off attitude..just like his Daddy. That is why Bubba and I get along and Sissy and I clash so often. And the same with why Hubby and Bubba clash and him and Sissy get along.
There are things, however, that Sissy does that is all Hubby, and the same with Bubba. There are things that he does, that is all me.
For instance, Bubba likes to be social. The more people around him, the happier he is. I’m the same way. I love being around a crowd of people…that I know of course. We get upset when people don’t include us. Sissy and Hubby both would rather be by themselves, doing their own thing. They get upset if people try to include them.
When it comes to sleeping, Bubba and I, have to have the blankets perfect and straight, and can’t stand to have our heads covered. Sissy and Hubby, on the other hand, can sleep with the blankets cock-eyed and bunched up, with their entire bodies bundled up. I love that our children are so much like each of us that it we can’t deny them…not that we would want to.
They are our light and our joy. They are more than we could ever imagine. They are why we live in the moment. They are…our children.
**Note: These pictures are from Jan of this year (almost 6 months ago).





That's how my kids are too!! One looks like him and acts like me, and one looks like me and acts like him! Crazy, huh! Keira and I act a lot alike- which is why I want to beat her most days!!! (LOL... just kidding... but really.) :)
ReplyDelete