Two years ago today, I was the most miserable I have ever been in my life! I was almost 39 weeks pregnant, and had been in labor for going on 3 weeks.
I was sweating like a fat man trying to run a marathon in 100 degree heat…okay, so like me trying to run a marathon at all! I was tired of having contractions, but not dilating fast enough to start delivery. I was tired of being asked, “You haven’t had that thing yet?” or “So how much longer?” or “I bet you are miserable!?!”
I had written almost a whole post about this day, two years ago, but towards the end, I realized that I had already written it. So erased it all and decided to just link it. So it’s here if you want to read it.
Anyways, as the days get closer to Bubba’s birthday, I remember those last couple of days leading up to his birth. I was miserable! I even remember the days when I first learned I was pregnant with him. I was scared! As I look back on those days I just laugh and smile to myself at how silly it all was.
Today, I have a handsome little boy. One who loves to cuddle, smile, laugh, irritate both his big sister and dog sister. He loves bananas, chocolate, being outside, playing with daddy. He hates being by himself, long car rides, being dirty. He may look like his daddy, but he acts like me.
Bubba more than completes our family. I am so glad that God blessed us with him, and that He chose us to raise this little heart-breaker in the making! Now, if I can just remember all of that while I start cleaning house to get ready for his birthday party Sunday!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment