Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

Today is Christmas day! Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!
*
At church last Sunday, Sissy's class sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, and of course everyone has been telling her Merry Christmas. So I guess she combined it all, and has been telling everybody, "Happy Christmas!" It's too cute.
*
Last night we went to Hubby's Uncle S's house in Oden for dinner with his family. They just built a 5600 sq foot house...yep that's right, 5600! It's beautiful! I made sure to get some pics for "future reference" when Hubby and I are finally able to build the house of our dreams. I would post them, but I'm still trying to figure this whole blogging bit out and will have to do some "playing" around to figure it all out.
*
Anyways, I've had a pretty good day so far. We woke up early, not good for a sick little one by the way, and went to Hubby's dad's house for breakfast and gifts. Hubby's step-mom just got home from surgery Monday, and she was not feeling very good. Dad and I ended up sending her to bed before everyone even left. The kids got to open gifts and play until they started getting crabby. Then we came home and the two of them laid down and went to sleep with Daddy.
*
So, I am on here blogging.
*
I got some really cool cookbooks in stocking at my parent's house, yes we still do those, and I am reading thru them right now to see if there would be anything worth trying. The one I am reading first is called "Just for Kids Cookbook". It has this poem in it that I wanted to share with you all.

***
The Candy Cane

What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me

White is for my Savior
Who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus My Lord,
That's for sure!

Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for me!

***
How true that is!! I never heard that before, or thought of a candy cane that way, but I will from now on. Well, I'm about ready to go eat again. Deviled eggs sandwiches, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment