Thursday, September 24, 2009

Materialistic Girl??

I was never the materialistic girl growing up. It was just my mom and I for about 4 years when I was little, and having name brand clothes or shoes were never an option. When my mom met the man who is now my dad, he had 3 kids from a previous marriage. They, on the other hand, enjoyed their name brand stuff. I mean if you are able to afford it, more to ya!

It was always a given, when my mom would take one of my sisters (the one closest in age to me) and I clothes shopping, she got the name brand stuff, and I didn't. It wasn't that we couldn't afford it, it just didn't matter that much to me to have that stuff. I mean, why would I spend $100 on just one outfit or maybe two, when I could spend that much on a whole crap-load of clothes!

Still to this day, I am more comfortable buying WM brand clothes like Faded Glory, then name brand stuff like, well, I can't even think of any brand name clothes...how sad is that?!?!

Unfortunately, the rest of my "wants" are not so realistic. I blame my husband. He is a giver. I know, your jealous, aren't you! He shows his love by showering me with gifts. A new set of dishes, a new set of Paula Deen cookware, and most recently (not that the others were given to my in the past month!) a new laptop that includes a huge wide screen monitor AND a blue ray player just to name a few.

Yes, it's nice, sometimes. But it does have it's downside. Romantic? HA! I don't think he even knows what that word means! I tried to get him to take me to dinner for our anniversary...didn't happen. I got my dishes and cookware. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Completely...

***************************

For once, I am feeling somewhat better and human again. Not like a stinking pig! Yep, I had the swine flu. Sorry, I mean the H1N1. At least I'm 99% sure that's what I had. I had the same symptoms that everyone that tested positive had, but I never went to the doctor. Only because everything I read about it said that most people can recover from it by just resting and drinking lots of fluids. So, that's what I did. I figured, why spend the money on a doctor bill AND medicine if I can just take OTC Thera-flu and get rid of it.

Unfortunately, because of that decision, it has taken me a LOT longer to recover than most people. I started getting sick when I woke up Sept. 12. Yes, I remember the date exactly because of this. It was the day I had my first paying photography gig! It's been almost 2 weeks and I am still feeling it! It's almost ALL gone though, and I am ready!

Both the kids are sick, but not with the flu. Bubba just has a runny nose and a cough. No fever or anything. Sissy is the same way, but with a low dose fever off and on...not bad. I took her to the doctor yesterday and he said that she just has a cold. If she starts getting a high fever to take her back in because then it is more than likely the flu. Poor kids!

And on top of that...they BOTH busted their mouths opened yesterday. Bubba was playing in the kitchen when I heard him screaming. I ran in there and he was laying in the floor. I thought that he just bumped his head and would be okay, until I seen the blood pouring from his mouth. I picked him up, got Hubby out of bed, and we tried to clean him up with a wet washcloth. I noticed that he had split that little piece of skin that connects his top lip to his gums. Less than 10 minutes after that incident, Sissy fell backwards in her chair bringing her little table down with her. Yep. It smacked her right in the mouth! I had two kids, blood gushing out of their mouths at the same time! One kid is bad enough, but two bleeding from their mouths? Not fun!!

Well, I hope that all of you guys are well and not sick. If so, I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Really! I know how miserable it is!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mine isn't romantic either- good guy but soooo not romantic.
    Sorry you've been sick! Yesterday a 1st grader coughed RIGHT when I was talking to the class- and I felt it in my mouth. I think I would've drank Germ-X if it would have worked. GAG GAG GAG. I hope I don't get this junk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romance? Could you give me the definition on that word? I would like to share it with my husband. He never was romantic (13 years ago), but would like to see it now...ha ha...glad your feeling better....hope kiddos get better soon to :-)

    ReplyDelete