Anyways, I woke up yesterday morning, the morning of the gig, and felt sick. My throat was sore, my head was stopped up a little, and my chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it. But, the show must go on...and I went to work. It has been dreary and rainy here for the last few days, and yesterday wasn't any different. Thankfully, the majority of the time, the festivites were inside. We were only outside for about an hour or so. When the job was done, I came home only to be greeted to two very tired children. I laid them down, and went to WM for a few groceries. Hubby refused to go so he opted to stay with the sleeping kids.
When I got home, I planned on taking a nap and try to feel a little better. Didn't happen! I had to start dinner, clean the kitchen, and by then the kids were awake. No nap for Mama. When I did finally go to bed, I was so sick and stuffed up, that I couldn't lay down flat, and couldn't sleep for nothing! I tried to take a hot shower, but to no avail.
This morning I woke up feeling 10 times worse!! My ears are stopped up. My nose is runny, yet stuffy. My throat is still sore. And yes, the elephant is still sitting on my chest, along with the whole upper part of my body. I really hope I am not getting the flu. The "wonderful" swine flu has made its way to this part of the country (what part of the country has it NOT made it to?) and now I am of course paranoid that I have it. Not a big deal for me, I just don't want my kids to get it! And if I have it, they will probably too! :(
So I am sick, I need to burn about 6 more picture cds, tend to the kids, all while trying to keep the house some what decent looking. Oh and I'm thinking that my nephew that I normally keep on Mondays, is not going to want to be around me like this.
Now I will leave you with a few of my fave pictures from yesterday. They are from the Hebert A. Littleton Medal of Honor Ceremony.





Wonderful pictures!!! Love them and I hope you get better soon!!!
ReplyDelete