I have been MIA for a few days, only because I have been too stressed, too busy, and too lazy to sit down and type anything.
*
The night I got the call to photograph my friend's daughter's wedding, I was so nervous and worried about doing a good job that I made myself sick. Literally!! I was up until 3am the next morning sick to my stomach and not able to sleep. It was horrible. I was so sick and my mind was racing so much that I didn't even think to stop and pray about it. The next morning, I woke up, prayed about the whole thing, and less than an hour and a half later, the bride called me. We had a phone consultation for about 15-20 minutes. I felt so much better after that. It made me stop and think, "You know, if I would have just done that to begin with, I wouldn't have made myself so sick with worry. I should have just put it in God's hands to start with!" I'm still working on that one...I have a hard time giving my insecurities to Him. I know I should, but it's still a struggle.
*
Friday night we (Drama Ministry Team) had our dress rehearsal for our first skit. Two of our main parts where not there. The person who was supposed to play Satan and the one who was supposed to play Jesus. Of course, just my luck! Thankfully, God was watching over us, we had extra people show up. We had two guys fill in for Satan and Jesus, and myself and the Youth Minister decided that they should play the parts for the actual skit Sunday morning. Come Sunday morning, the guy (who is my cousin) that was supposed to play Jesus came in and said he understood why he lost his part, but that he would be willing to play a demon if we needed him to. Of course we did, because one of the guys who was at rehearsal, wasn't at church for the actual skit! UGH....why can't the same people be there, ALL.THE.TIME?!?! Anyways, the skit went perfect! I am so proud of the kids!! They touched SO many hearts with that skit. And of course...I forgot my camera...FIGURES! But as soon as I get the DVD of it, I will try and post it for you guys to see.
*
Saturday, Hubby had to be at work at 5pm. We were having a family get-together out at the mountains, but Hubby didn't want to only be out there for an hour or two and then have to race back for him to get ready for work. So the kids and I went by ourselves...and guess what...NO CAMERA!!!
*
Saturday night, while Hubby was at work, the kids and I went to my parents house for supper and to shoot off fireworks. Last year, my little sister hurt her ankle doing fireworks. One of the fireworks had tipped over and was shooting off towards the house where everyone was sitting on the front porch. She twisted her ankle trying to get inside. This year, they were all talking about it. Well, low and behold...I got hurt this year, and there weren't even any fireworks going off yet!! I was carrying Bubba's playpen trying to put it on the sidewalk and I twisted my ankle trying to step up on it. So the whole time during the "show", I sat in my mom's Zero Gravity Chair with ice on my ankle. Of course, I didn't have to chase kids or have them waller all over me, so it wasn't too bad! LOL. I did get a few pictures before the "accident", but none of the fireworks...again, FIGURES!
(Sissy and Bubba posing for Mom at Nana's house)
(I think Little Miss has gotten used to the camera now!)
(Sissy and my nephew, CH, playing "Pop the Bubble")
(I love this picture...Bubba eating watermelon, on his first 4th of July, at Nana's house. Why do I love it so much?? Because of this...)
(This is Sissy eating watermelon, on her first 4th of July, at Nana's house!!)
*
Sunday morning we had our skit, then the whole family went to my grandpa's house for lunch. Then it was home for a nap before I had to be back at church at 4pm for a meeting, drama practice, and then small groups. I wasn't able to get a nap in, but the kids stayed home with Hubby and I apparently didn't wake up until right before I got home at 8pm! They were EXHAUSTED!
*
This week should be a little calmer, hopefully less stressful. But we will see about that.....





No comments:
Post a Comment