Case in point: For Bubba's birthday party Saturday, we decided that we would go the cheap route and buy Capri Suns for the kids and water for the adults. Plain and boring, yes, but cheap and simple. I didn't want to have to buy 10 different kinds of soda to try and please everyone...if you have kept up with my posts, you would know this is a new thing for me.
Anyways, I had gotten some of the non-perishable items for the party already, except for the water...was trying to wait until the cheap stuff was back on the shelf.
Today, I had to take Bubba to his one year doctor check-up. Afterwards, instead of going straight home, I decided that I NEEDED a Sonic Strawberry Limeade Chiller. If you haven't had one, try one...A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!! After that I dropped off Bubba's prescription for Flouride at my pharmacy. I decided to take the back road home, which happens to go past my church.
As I was turning off the highway on to that road, I noticed about 5 cars parked on the side of the road. People were picking up water bottles that had fallen off a trailer. My first thought was, "Aww...man. That stinks. Hope it wasn't someone from our church." As I drove by, I noticed that it was our children's minister's truck that was attached to the trailer.
I turned around, trying to find a place to park, so that I could help. Turns out he was taking the cases of water to the church to give away, and didn't tie it down on the trailer, so it all spilled out as I took the turn. I followed him to the church, where someone was waiting with a pallet jack, and myself along with another member of the church, helped unload the water. There were quite a bit of loose water bottles and broken cases.
As we were finishing up, our C.M. told me to take a case or two home with me, that's what they were for anyways. I made a joke that we could just load up all the loose ones into the back of my car and I could use them for Bubba's party. He agreed and told me to pull my car up and we would load it down. Sure enough...the back of my car was full of water bottles, both loose and broken cases.
(The back of my car loaded down with water...and I already took 2 cases and about a handful of loose bottles in to the house before this.)
Why did I tell you that story? Well, I truly believe that it was God's way of providing us with the water. Concidence? Maybe. God's doings? Definitely!
Oh and on another note: Hubby cut shaved Bubba's hair. Yep it went from this...
(Just look at his hair..LOL)
to this....
(Yep...it's all gone!)





No comments:
Post a Comment