I was going to post this earlier but it would have been my 100th post, and I knew I was going to do a give-away for it. So instead, I did the give-away first, then this one now.
I have been thinking about the past 7 years lately, seeing as my 7 year anniversary is a month and a half away. I have been thinking about the good times and the not so good times. The times where I thought life/marriage couldn't get any better and the times that I thought life/marriage couldn't get any worse.
I will spare you guys, and my husband, the details, but lets just say that the differences are from one extreme to another. Thankfully, unlike I have experienced in a previous relationship, there are far more ups then downs. I love my husband with all my heart, despite our differences.
I like to watch Wife Swap. I used to watch it and wonder if I participated in that show, would my husband be like the rest of the husbands on there and learn to appreciate me more? Would it help our marriage to where there were even LESS arguments and disagreements? Would he actual miss me, and admit it?
Today as I watched it, I came to realize something...my life/marriage is normal. Every family has there ups, downs, arguments, disagreements, and quirks. Some more than others. I am blessed with two beautiful kids and a wonderful hardworking husband. He works his bottom off to provide for us and I love him very much for it.
He loves me just the way I am and respects my feelings, for the most part. He spends time with the kids and with me, even when he is exhausted from work and doesn't want to do anything but sit on the couch or sleep.
Yep, I have a wonderful guy and being on a show wouldn't prove anything, except that every family is different in their own way.





No comments:
Post a Comment