This picture was front page, top half of the paper, in color! Yay me!!
After seeing it, tears formed in my eyes. Not for the reason you think! Any time one of us was in the paper, my grandma would call and tell us how proud she was. She made sure and cut it out and save it to give to us at a later date. She was very proud of all of us. As I am typing this, tears are forming again.
Anyways, my mom took the place of calling me. Tonight she called to tell me congratulations on making the front page and that she was very proud of me. It, again, reminded me of Granny. I have been thinking of her a lot lately. Not only is this going to be the first holiday season since she has been gone, but her birthday is also coming up. Sissy was born the day before her birthday so it's always going to be a reminder of her. The other day I was looking at the obits on the funeral home page, (no I'm not morbid, I was trying to find an obit on a recent death), and I came across hers. I decided to read the online guest book and came across some entries that brought tears to my eyes. Ones from distant family members, and others from friends.
Another thing that gets me is that the day after my grandmother passed, we went down to my grandparent's Pop's house for dinner. God helped me realize that she was in a much better place. The radio station I was listening to played a new song by Chris Tomlin. It's called "I Will Rise". It definitely helped me through it. Now though, we sing it almost every Sunday in church, and of course, like a big baby, I start tearing up.
Okay...now I am bawling like a baby! I'm so glad you guys can't see me!
Sorry.... As I started this post, my intentions were not to take the sappy route. In fact, it was supposed to be a post about my photography "business" getting up and running, hopefully, by this exposure....no pun intended.
Maybe next time...





Great job. Front page news is important...that is how you grow as a photographer!!! My nanny would always do the same thing, she would give us money each time we made the paper, needless to say we were fighting to try to make it ll lol lol lol
ReplyDelete