Sunday, September 27, 2009

The worst four letter word in the world!

IRON!!

I HATE TO IRON!! It is BY FAR the chore I hate the most!

When I was in school, I hated ironing so much that my mom would yell at me for going to school with wrinkly clothes. "You are going to school like THAT?!?! It looks like you just threw something on that was wadded up in her hamper!" Umm...yeah, Mom, I am.

My dad worked overnights as a supervisor for Tyson. So in the evenings, mom would cook supper/breakfast and I would iron his work clothes. Still to this day, I hate seeing the Tyson khaki superior uniform. One morning he came home from work and told me that he knew I hated ironing, but didn't realize that I would go to such extremes to make sure he wouldn't ever ask me to iron again! What?? He then informed me that he went to work with only one pants leg ironed!! LOL!!! Yep, I only ironed one leg, and he had to go all night like that! I had to continue ironing for him until I moved out after graduation, but don't think he didn't ask me every time I ironed if I got both legs!

When I Hubby and I got together, I realized that he was indeed, and ironer. He ironed his shirts, his khakis, and his jeans. He even ironed his shorts if they weren't basketball shorts. So, of course, I started ironing my stuff too. I couldn't let him look better than me! I did that for 5 years...until I became a SAHM.

Why in the world would I iron my pajamas clothes that I wore around the house all day?!?! If I go somewhere like church, or just out of the house, I will iron. Ok, well, I throw my clothes in the dryer with a wet washcloth for 20 minutes or so. I HATE IRONING!!

Hubby, on the other hand, still has to have his work clothes ironed. I used to just be able to throw them in the dryer too, but he now has to wear these shirts that I HAVE to iron. You know...the kind that it doesn't matter how quick you take them out of the dryer after it is done, they are still wrinkly? Or the kind that the collar is so stiff that if you don't hold the iron on it for more than a few seconds, it pops right back up? Yeah, that kind.

So the past few weeks, I have had to do that chore I hate so much. When he asked me today to iron for him, I have to admit, I got a little attitude with him. Okay a LOT of attitude with him. He asked what my deal was and I had to confess that I hated ironing more than any other chore in the world. I don't think he gets it...

2 comments:

  1. They usually don't get it ha ha....I hate ironing to!!!!! Dad has to wear those shirts...best thing to do is buy a presser. Mom got one and I LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i hear ya girl! i RARELY ever iron anymore. i told stephen i'm allergic to it!

    ReplyDelete