Kelly did this post yesterday. It made me realize that being from Arkansas, a lot of people have no clue what we mean.
But it’s not only just Arkansas people, but people in general are different. Sometimes it does have to do with the region in which they are from, but sometimes not.
So it made me wonder…
This conversation is pretty much always taking place,
“I’m fixing to run to the store. Do ya’ll need anything?” “Yeah, a coke.” “Okay. What kind?” “Dr. Pepper.'” “A’ight.”
It also made me think of all the things that I can’t say. If you read this, and you know me in real life…which most of you do…next time you see me you will have to say all these for you. It doesn’t do it justice on here.
I can NOT say these words: Massachusetts, iron, oil, Vietnamese…there are probably more. And my high school best friend could definitely tell you what they are, She likes to make fun of me all the time for it!
I also tend to make up words. Krink is my big one. I have said it all my life, and can’t NOT say it. If I had enough people that read this blog, I would do a contest to see if any of you could guess what it means. But since I don’t, I’ll just tell you. It’s kink and crick combined. Like, “I have a KRINK in my neck". Yes, I said it all the time!!
So are there any words that you can’t say, have made up, say that people out of your region don’t understand or vice versa?





No comments:
Post a Comment