Sunday, March 1, 2009

Death, sickness, and today!

Well unlike last week, this week as been hectic, and tragic. Last Saturday, a dear friend of the family passed away from cancer. He was a long-time member of the church my family and I had been members of before leaving and joining DABC.
*
Monday afternoon, my great-aunt, MR, lost her life in a horrible car accident. The driver of the other car may have either had a heart attack or blacked out, swerved into the other lane, and hit MR head-on. The state troopers actually told her daughter that she was passing a school bus, in a double lane, and if she had not been at that exact spot, at that exact time, that car would have hit the bus....full of kids!
*
Friday morning was the funeral for MR. I had gotten really close to her when I had worked at the pharmacy. She would come in and I would ask if she was behaving. She would always tell me she was trying but that it was hard...seeing as what her last name was! LOL...The preacher made a comment during her service about how he made a comment to her and my other great-aunt, ME at church the previous Sunday about, "the two troublemakers". He said that ME looked surprised at his comment, but that MR just laughed at him. He then apologized to ME during the funeral that she was just guilty by association!! AMEN!!! LOL
*
Friday night we went to my U. C and A. B's house for dinner with the family. It was actually a wonderful meal and visit. We all knew that MR is in better place now, and as one of my cousins had mentioned before, "She would not come back to this place for anything!!"
*
My U. C and A. B's house is magnificent!! I was running out the door when we left the house, and didn't realize it until we pulled up to this GORGEOUS house that I forgot my camera! So sorry guys, no pics today. Maybe next time we visit them, I'll remember it.
*
Saturday was pretty calm. It was cold and we had a little snow flurries, so we stayed in the house as much as possible. The only thing we got out for was my last minute called Nursery Committee meeting.
*
Today, Sunday, we got up early to go to the early morning service at church. Right before heading out the door, Sissy threw-up. She has been sick with runny nose and drainage and when that happens, it usually ends up in her going thru a vomiting episode. I guess it just irritates her stomach so much that it makes her sick. She still wanted to go to church with me instead of staying home with dad, so I took her. Well, about 45 minutes into service, about 20 minutes into preaching, someone had come to get me. She said that Sissy threw-up again.
*
So I grabbed my cousin, K, that helps me out a lot....THANKS GIRL!!....and we went and got Sissy and Bubba so that I could bring them home. Since we have been home, Sissy has gotten sick 3 more times, but as usual, it's just mucous stuff. I wonder if there is anything we can actually do for her....
*
Tonight, we have Hubby's dad's birthday dinner. His birthday is tomorrow, but he is working out of town, about 3 hours away, and won't be here. Tonight is also our church's first Small Groups' meeting, and I will have to miss it. I am so excited about Small Groups, Hope Group Ministries, and can't wait to be able to attend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment