Well the bride of the wedding that I was supposed to photgraph on the 18th called and left me a message today saying that her and the groom can't afford a photgrapher so she is going to have her aunt do it.
*
I am having many mixed emotions about this. I mean, I told her $250, which I don't think was too expensive. Factoring in the fact that I would HAVE to buy another memory card and an extra battery, I would be there for pictures on rehearsal night, and planned to be there 3 1/2 hours before the wedding started to whenever the bride and groom leave. Then photoshopping the pictures after that. So basically after buying the extra stuff, I would be left with about $150 profit which woul be awesome for our staycation that coming week. Oh and the wedding is the day of Bubba's birthday party, so then if I don't do it, I would be able to spend more time at the party instead of rushing around to get everything done. AHHH
*
So many feelings about it, just don't know what to do. Do I lower the price to like $150 and make a $50 profit and get my foot in the photography door. Or do I not worry about it all and spend the day with my son, family, and friends on his 1st birthday. I mean he does only turn 1 once!!
*
I just don't know...





I don't know... I spent hours and hours and hours on the wedding pics for my bro-in-law. It was definitely a big job!
ReplyDeleteI'd forget about it -- spend the day with your son and family. $250 is NOT that much money to photograph a wedding, especially considering what you'd have to buy and what you're giving up to do this whole wedding. You'll get another photography opportunity!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Stephanie. $250.00 is cheap, but I also understand that $250.00 would help ALOT!! Your right though bubba only turns a year old once, and you will always have another opportunity for photography!
ReplyDelete