Saturday, August 22, 2009

MDOP, Babysitting, Cleaning, NEED REST!

I haven't had a post in a few day so I thought it was about time. I've actually been busy. Me? Busy? I know..

Wednesday, Sissy refused to lay down and take a nap. With church that evening, I was sure she would be a little grouch for the nursery workers. Thankfully, she did pretty well. We went to see Hubby at work before heading home and spent about 15 minutes there. We got home a little after 8, I put Bubba to bed, and Sissy crashed on the couch. She was tired!


Thursday was the first day of the Mother's Day Out program at my church. We had 13 kids, 5 of which were a year old, the rest were no older than 4. We started out with all ages together, but when it was snack time, we realized that it was better for all to have the younger ones stay seperate. I stayed with the 1 year olds, and had so much fun with them! There was only one girl in there with a room full of boys, so she and I got to bond. Even though my own wonderful, yet crying and clingy little boy was in there with me, I made the best of it. Of course we had some kids that, bless their little hearts, had probably never really been away from Mommy before, but we dealt.

I am so excited about this program! Teaching children about God along with school essentials, how fun!!

Here are some pictures I took of Sissy and Bubba before leaving for "school".


(C'mon, Bubba, let's go!!)

(I think it was a little too early for Bubba Man)

(The only good picture I could get of him, because he didn't want to share the camera with Sissy!)

I was so tired of that busy morning, that I was looking forward to sleeping in on Friday morning. The Lord had other plans. My mom called me Thursday evening, said that they were showing their farm Friday around noon, and wanted me to come over at 8am and clean it for them. Of course I said yes! "Hello, Extra $$$!"

So Friday morning, we woke up early, yet again, and headed down to my parent's farm. After spending all morning cleaning, we headed home. Sissy fell asleep on the way home, which made her not want to take an actual nap once we got there. So, like Wednesday night, she fell asleep on the couch. Bubba went to bed around 830pm, so it was Mommy Time! I was on FB for a little while, then decided to go take a hot bath and start reading the book The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian. Then it was off to bed, watch The Nanny on Nick, and relax. I was asleep by 11pm!! Hey, that's early for me!

Tonight, Hubby, the kids, and I are heading to some friends of ours for dinner and to see their house that they just built. JW and MW just had a little girl about 2 months ago, and though she is still little, we are hoping for her and our kids to be able to play one day.

In other news, along with working at the MDOP at church, I will be keeping my nephew, GB, on Mondays while my SIL goes to her staff meetings. I may also be keeping TW, JW/MW's little girl, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, 3p-6p. I was asked to keep another little girl on Tuesday and Fridays from 730a-4p. I'm still praying on this one. Though it would be extra $$$, I'm just not sure. If my parent's call me last minute, like they normally do, to come clean their house, I would be more willing to do that. I mean it would be more $$$ to clean their house then to babysit. I just don't know though...

Also, for some reason, Sissy has been sleeping in a pallet in my floor at night for some reason. She will start in her bed, but when I wake up in the mornings, she has made her way to my floor at some point. She won't even crawl in bed with me. I guess she likes being close to me, but not thatclose! LOL

Well, I think its naptime for me and Bubba, Sissy is already there! Hope everyone had a good summer and enjoys the new school year! As for me, I'm still having it...and will for a few more years!

3 comments:

  1. Keira went through a stage where she would come in and sleep on the floor. I would get out of bed and almost step on her because I didn't know she was there!
    Crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my nieces were at the Mother's Day out thing on Thursday....their names are Sophie and Gracie. I wonder if Sissy played with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that nursery room must have been crazy! I think it is hilarious when kids want to sleep on pallets instead of in their beds!

    ReplyDelete