The kids LOVE dogs, all animals actually. They play like they are puppies all day. Even while in Branson, this past weekend, Bubba was crawling around on all fours in the stores playing Puppy. They get excited when the see the big dog next door outside.
Hubby and I have talked about getting the kids a dog, but not for awhile. At least until we got a fence build in the back yard. W03e didn’t really want a puppy, but just a young dog. One that was already house trained, lost it’s baby teeth, and that was good with kids.
Well yesterday, Hubby came home for lunch and told me that he needed a check. When I asked for what he told me that there was a lady he worked with that had some boxer puppies that have been ready for a week now. She was planning on taking them to Kansas City to sell them. He said that he knows how much the kids want one, and I think he did too.
So we decided to go ahead and get one. We just wanted to surprise them with it. I had a jewelry party last night, so Hubby got off of work, come home and got my truck, and then went to get the dog before the kids noticed. He got back right after the majority of everyone left.
The kids were ecstatic!!! They have not left her side since she walked in the door last night. We placed her bed on Sissy’s pallet in our bedroom floor, and she fell asleep without any problems. I did wake up in the middle of the night, though, looked down to check on them both, and noticed that “Chicka” was NOT in her bed. She was, in fact, laying on Sissy’s belly. If it wasn’t 1 o’clock in the morning, I might have taken a picture of it. But I was NOT going to risk my head, to turn the light on to get the shot! HA
But I did manage to get this one first thing this morning.
And here is one of the cute little thing up close.
House training seems to be the hardest thing so far. She seems to love the kids, though they won’t leave her alone. She is learning quick not to chew on things. It just seems to be the pottying that we are having problems with. she can’t seem to get to go on the pads. Any ideas?





Boxers are really smart, so I don't think it will take long to train her. With Bella, (our Boxer) we put her in a crate at night. The first night she was in it, she peed and had to sit/lay in it till morning. After that - she NEVER did it again. She peed on the floor a few times, but we consistently told her NO and took her outside right afterwards, and it clicked pretty quickly. Just be sure to take her outside often, and reward her when she DOES do her business outside. Good luck!
ReplyDelete