This past week has been a whirlwind for me.
Sunday, we went to church for the first time in a few months. It was a church that I haven’t been to before, but that my brother-in-law and his family attend. The kids and I both enjoyed it, and we may return.
Monday, I ran errands and packed for our trip out to deer camp that was coming up. Hubby got off work early and we headed out there. We spent the night, so that Hubby could get up and go hunting early that morning.
Tuesday, Hubby only got to hunt for an hour or so because we had to come back home so he could go out of town for a meeting. We don’t get service out there very well, so when we got home I noticed I had a voicemail. It was my mom telling me that she needed to talk to me and it was very important. My godmother, who was more like a grandmother to me, had lost her fight with cancer that morning. She had ovarian cancer, which then moved in to her brain, where she got a brain tumor and lost the fight. Her son-in-law, who called my mom to tell her the news, had said they were meeting at the funeral home if I could go without the kids. It didn’t occur to me that they wanted me to help make funeral arrangements. After I picked up the kids from my bestie’s house, I had to run some errands before meeting Hubby back out at the road to camp.
Wednesday, the kids and I had to come home from camp to do some things for the funeral and wash some clothes. Then we headed out there, yet again.
Thursday, Hubby got to hunt until about 345. In that time, he had seen AND shot a buck, but they could never find him. Figures! We had to head in so that I could make it to visitation that evening.
Friday, Hubby’s grandma came over to watch the kids while I went and had lunch with the family, the funeral, and then the gravesite. After that, I came home and got the kids and then went back out to the family’s (my gmother’s daughter’s) house to pick out some flowers that I wanted from the funeral. They also made the kids and I eat again…not sure why they were trying to get rid of all the food they had! HA
Today, Saturday, the kids and I have to go down to my parent’s house to clean before they get back from their “family” vacation in Branson. It was supposed to be our “whole” family, but my sister and her family and then me and my family, couldn’t make it. So it was just my parents, my little sister, my oldest sister and her family, and then my brother and his family that got to go. Anyways, I hope it doesn’t take my all day to clean, because this mama is TIRED!!
Tomorrow, is supposed to be church, but Bubba seems to be getting sick. If he doesn’t get any better or gets worse, we won’t be going.
Monday, I have at least one errand to run, and then maybe (crossing fingers) we can have a low key day at home!
Here’s some pictures of my gmother and I. Sadly, I don’t have any recent…like in the past 15 years…for one reason or another. For one, she was the one always behind the camera. For two, once she started getting sicker, I didn’t go see her as much. I know that’s bad of me, but I have come to the realization that it was because I knew this day would come, and I wanted to remember her the way she was before cancer got her, instead of after.
The last picture of my gmother and gfather together before he passed away from a heart attack in 2007.
The three of us together.
Christmas…a LONG time ago! HA
Her birthday at her favorite restaurant before it shut down. It’s rumored to be opening again in Dec and she was SO excited about it!!
This picture has an awesome story behind it. This is of my gmother and my Granny who passed away April 2009. I was down at my parent’s cleaning last weekend when I decided to go through some old photos. I came across this one and realized that I have never seen it before, so I took it. The day I found out my gmother passed away, that next Tuesday, a light bulb went off. I realized that God led me to the photo as a sign that they were once again going to be “catching up”.





No comments:
Post a Comment