I have GOT to quit being a bad blogger!
I have gotten to where I go up to a MONTH without blogging and it’s getting crazy. I’ve always got an excuse too. “It’s been too busy for me to blog.” “Nothing exciting has been happening.” “Nobody reads this old thing anyways!”
Whatever my “reasoning”, I know I need to do better. So a “somewhat” quick catch-up.
Halloween..(wow, it’s almost Thanksgiving and I am JUST NOW writing about Halloween! HA)..was the most exciting it has been since I was a kid! Hubby had all weekend off, so we actually got to enjoy the festivities with the kids together!
Friday, our small town had the annual Daylight Trick or Treat, (or Main Street Trick or Treat, or Downtown Trick or Treat, or Business Trick or Treat, or whatever you want to call it.) From 4-5p, the business along Main St handed candy out to the kids. Some other places handed candy out until 6p. We dressed the kids up and took them downtown.
When we got home, we had a little “photo shoot” with the kids and my ONLY fall decorations.
And no, she is NOT wearing make-up. It’s just the way I edited the picture that makes it look like it!
So the Saturday before Halloween, Hubby had to help his brother move, but I dressed the kids up again, and took them to my grandpa’s house for a hot dog roast. There, they got even more candy as well as they got to decorate/carve pumpkins. Sissy painted hers, but Bubba wanted his carved. So I got the privilege of doing that! HA
Saturday night, I took the kids to my parents house where they were having a Hallelujah party. Where, yes, the kids got even MORE candy!
Sunday, Hubby and I decided the kids didn’t need anymore candy, so we stayed home and turned our porch light on. WOWZA!
Where we lived before we bought our house, we didn’t normally get a lot of trick or treaters. Here, though, they came in floods!!! We gave ALL (except for the suckers and candy bars) of the kids candy away, and Hubby STILL had to run to WM for more candy.
The kids took late naps, but when Sissy woke up…at around 630p, she wanted to help hand out candy.
She had SOOOO much fun! I think I’d rather her give out candy then get it anyways! HA
Maybe it won’t be a month before my next post! We will see….





No comments:
Post a Comment