Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I gotta believe that, right?

As a member of Cafemom, we frequently make fun of those moms who posts things like, "My (insert any relative here) has (insert any ailment here). Do you think they need to see a doctor?" When you figure out that you, in fact, are one of those people...not so funny!
*
Hi. My name is Shauna and I am a Hypochondriac!
*
Cancer ~ I got 1, 2, 3, 6 places that could be skin cancer
Stroke ~ My right arm feels funny along with the right side of my neck
TMJ ~ Ok, well that I do have. Ugghhh
*
I figured out I was this way when I worked at the hospital about 6-7 years ago. Well, not so much figured it out, as it transgressed. So my problem, besides the neurological one, is that I refuse to go to the doctor, unless it is something where I can barely move.
*
In the past 6 years, I have been to the doctor 3 times...not including with the kiddos. Once I had a bladder infection/stomach infection/UTI all at the same time! Yeah, definitely thought I was dying then! The other times were both sinus infections. If you've had one, you know!
*
With this "problem", I don't take my children to the doctor either. I assume that they will get over what ever it is that they have within a few days to a week. If it lasts longer, then I will break down and take them. Don't hate...it never gets that far!!!
*
My point? What if something I have, or they have, IS, in fact, something bad? What if one of us do get this stinking Swine Flu, and I roll it off as just a normal cold? What if one of those spots are in fact cancerous and we don't find out until it's too late? What if my pain is not a stroke, but in fact something almost as bad? What if? What if? What if?
*
If I lived my life on "What ifs", I would never leave my house! In fact, I probably would still be living with my parents so that they could be there in case something happens to me! I'm sure they would just love that!
*
I think Christopher Robin said it best when he told Winnie the Pooh...
"Promise me, you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem, and Smarter than you think."
*
Thanks, Christopher Robin, I needed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment