Since Hubby has went back to work after a week long vacation, things have been pretty quiet around the house. With the lack of moola, the kids and I haven't done much of anything but sit at home.
*
Friday, Hubby's last of vacation, we had a garage sale and made enough money to order lunch from a local BBQ/steak place. I told him that's what I wanted for my birthday, a nice meal that I didn't have to cook.
*
Friday, Hubby's last of vacation, we had a garage sale and made enough money to order lunch from a local BBQ/steak place. I told him that's what I wanted for my birthday, a nice meal that I didn't have to cook.
*
Saturday, he went back to work. Sunday, was church and I felt led to help with the new drama ministry that my uncle, who is also the youth minister, had started back up. At the end of the team meeting, he asked me if I would want to lead the group. I, of course, said yes. I had wanted to start a drama team before I knew that he was starting one, and was/am pumped to help!!
Saturday, he went back to work. Sunday, was church and I felt led to help with the new drama ministry that my uncle, who is also the youth minister, had started back up. At the end of the team meeting, he asked me if I would want to lead the group. I, of course, said yes. I had wanted to start a drama team before I knew that he was starting one, and was/am pumped to help!!
*
Wednesday was my 27th birthday, and it was nice to just spend time with Hubby and the kids. Even though it was a church night, all that was going on was Senior Recognition. We didn't have Zone 56, so I decided to stay home with my family.
*
Thursday, Hubby was off work. While he mowed the back yard, the kids and I sat outside in the garage. Sissy rode her bike in the driveway, Bubba played in his horsey jumper, and I worked played on my laptop while syncing my iPod. Once Hubby was done mowing the back yard, we took the kids Sissy to swim in their little blow up pool. Bubba hates water if it's colder than what his bath water is, so he didn't get in for more than 30 seconds! After Sissy swam it was nap time.
*
After nap time, my BFF and her DD, came over to deliver my birthday card and her DD's birthday party invite. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but her and I haven't seen each other for more than a few months. Yeah, it's been that long. She left, and we had to get ready for a very important event...my little sister's 6th grade graduation! She was valedictorian of her class, even though there was only 30 kids in her class, it's still a big accomplishment. She was the only one of her class that got straight A's all year long!! I recorded her giving her speech, which btw was awesome!, but can't seem to figure out how to turn it right side up...figures!

(My beautiful little sister)
(Getting her diploma)
(I am such a proud big sister!)

(My sister and all her nieces and nephews...yes even the boy at the end is her nephew!)
*
Friday was boring, we didn't do a single thing. We did watch the NBA Playoffs between the Cavs and the Magic...GO CAVS!!! I watched the whole game with Hubby, until the last second, literally, when the Cavs were down 2 points. I thought it was over, so I went to lay down with Sissy, in her bed, and missed it. Hubby yelled, then told me that we won! What?!?! How is that possible? He replied with one word...LeBron! Ahhh...that explains it!!
*
Today is Saturday, and the kids and I have been watching the Jon and Kate Plus 8 marathon on TLC. Even with all the controversy, Sissy and I still love to watch it. Even though Kate can be mean to Jon sometimes most of the time, they are normal people. Jon does/says things that Hubby sometimes does/says and the way that Kate responds sometimes, is the way I would "like" to respond. But never would!!
*
Tomorrow is Sunday, and our first rehearsal for the drama ministry's first skit. I am so excited to take on this new adventure, I just hope that the kids teens are just as excited. I also hope that they will listen to me and take productive criticism well from someone that they may not, probably don't, know.
*
*
Monday is Memorial Day, and Hubby is off work!! YAH!! My aunt and uncle have a place out in the mountains that we go to for family functions like Memorial Day and Fourth of July, during the summer. There is a creek/river that runs through the land, and they moved an old house that was once my great-grandparent's, I think, out there, by hand, wood plank by wood plank. We are planning on taking the kids out there for lunch and to swim, and lots of family time. I'm sure Hubby's excited...





No comments:
Post a Comment