Tuesday, May 26, 2009

She's a big girl now (almost)

Yesterday was Memorial Day, and Hubby and I took the kids out to the mountains for a family get together. The last time that I had been out to my aunt and uncle's cabin, the roads were pretty rough. I couldn't get my low-sitting SUV down there! With all the rain, I just knew it was going to be a LOT worse. So we took my dad's flatbed diesel truck...bad idea!
*
It rode rough, we bounced all over the place in that thing!! Both of the kids were asleep, in their carseats, in the back seat. How, I have no idea! Once we got to the river, I realized that we could have brought my car! Figures!! Also realized that I had forgotten my camera! Unbelievable!!!
*
We has good eats and a wonderful visit with family. Right after we had eaten, some of our church family had pulled up on their four-wheelers...so that was fun! The kids got to play, the adults got to visit, and everyone, hopefully, had a wonderful time.
*
Sissy is thisclose to being a big girl now!! Hubby decided that she needed her own bed, she's 2 1/2 and has been sleeping with me since the day she was born! We have his grandfather's old full-sized old wooden bed, just no mattresses for it. So on the last day of his vacation, we went to Wal-Mart and bought a coil mattress and some Dora sheets for it. The first night, she slept half the night in it, then woke up screaming for me. She did that for awhile, or slept with me all night.
*
Sunday night I told her that she WAS sleeping in her OWN bed. I laid with her until she fell asleep, and then went to my own bed. She woke up around 430am crying for me, so I went and laid with her until she fell back asleep. Then out I went. Last night, I laid with her until she fell asleep, and then got up. When she woke up crying for me, I noticed it was brighter than normal..it was 730am! She slept all night long, by herself, in her own bed! Not only did she sleep all night long, so did Bubba! Wow...and yet, I'm still exhausted! LOL
*
Now, I am just waiting for her to be ready to potty train. She is almost there, she tells me every so often that she wants to go potty in the toilet, but not all the time. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment