Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Short" Story #2....First Pregnancy

I am SO tired of the rain!!!! I think it has been raining here for about a week straight, and it's going to continue thru the weekend and most of next week!! This is one reason I can't stand spring. Yes, it's nice and pretty, but only when the sun is shining and the rain is far away!
*
But enough about my dislikes...I am going to give you another "short" story. Again...it's long so be prepared!
*****
About a year after Hubby and I got married, we moved to the big city where he was transferred to because of his job. We lived there for a year or so and decided to start trying to get pregnant. During the next 2 -3 years that we lived there, we keep trying but endured 2 miscarriages.
*
Hubby got the opportunity to move back to his home store in our home county, and we jumped at the chance. In the process of moving, I had to help Hubby move our washer and dryer down the steep flight of stairs from our apartment. Of course the whole time, I was complaining telling him that if I was pregnant and something happened because I was lifting heavy stuff, he was going to be in trouble.
*
Needless to say, less than a week after being "home", we found out I was indeed pregnant! We tried to not get our hopes up because of our previous problems. Though it was still hard. I called a local OB-GYN, told them my situation, and they got me in that day. While there, the doctor told me that he was going to check my progesterone, that he thought it was too low. He went ahead and put me on Prometrium in hopes of it helping.
*
It made me sick as a dog! Along with having bad morning all day sickness, I felt like I was dying. I couldn't move without throwing my guts up! I managed to get a job at a local pharmacy, I am was a certified pharmacy tech. Yet, I spent most of the first 3 months there in the bathroom. It was a wonder I was able to keep my job.
*
Through-out my pregnancy, I was tired, sick, hungry... I ate soooo much salt just to ease the nausea that my blood pressure got high. I started swelling so much that the only shoes I could wear were flip flops...to work! Towards the end of my pregnancy, Doc, had to watch my blood pressure very carefully. It was way to high for his liking.

(This is the only picture I have from when I was pregnant with Sissy)

*****
Stay tuned! I will give you the rest of the story in the next few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment