So, I have been MIA for a little while. But it was an awesome MIA!!! If you didn't read my last post, don't know why you wouldn't have, I told you that we took and impromtu vacation. It was well worth it. But because of this said trip, I forgot to take my laptop. Therefore, I didn't get to blog about all the things I wanted to...my Mother's Day blog, our trip to the zoo, "short" story #5. So instead of making one big post, I will split them up.
*
*
Our vacation was so much fun and relaxing. We got there late Friday night, then Saturday morning we got up and went to an outdoor mall called Market Street, about 10 minutes from the house. It was pretty neat to see, being from a small town, I have never seen an outdoor mall before. There was a Cheesecake Factory that I just had to eat at, and we did! I ordered a Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake and it was fab!! I didn't take my camera with me...didn't think about it, but I did take a pic with my cell phone...just forgot to take one of my cheesecake! Ugghhh!!

(Loved it!!!)
After eating, we went and got some groceries and then went back to the house for naps. After naps, we had supper and just chilled around the house.
*
Sunday morning, we woke up and got ready to go to the zoo. The kids loved it! Bubba normally takes a nap in the morning and one around noon-ish. Not Sunday! He stayed awake the whole time at the zoo...we got there around 1130am and left around 330pm. Sissy had so much fun that she didn't want to leave. She loves animals, so it was definitely her thing.

(The kids at the fountain when you first walk in to the Dallas Zoo.)
(Sissy in front of the elephant statue)
(Sissy and the gorilla)
(She was scared of the alligator statue at first, she thought it was real. We finally convinced her that it wasn't so then she wanted to ride it)
(I loved this picture of her shaking the monkey statue's hand)
*
After the zoo, we were all starved...prices at the zoo for food is ridiculas! $2.50 for a bottle of water...wow!! Anyways, on the way back home we stopped at Fuddruckers to eat. It was awesome! We had never eaten there before, but we both wish there was one close to home!! YUMMO!! After eating, we headed home, all in need of naps again. Once we got the kids laid down, Hubby and I left to go watch Wolverine. It was pretty good, I would watch it again for sure.
*
Monday morning, Hubby wanted to go check out some card shops. The one we went to was right next to a Poor Richards Cafe so while he looked around the rest of us went next door to order some lunch. It was also good. I do believe that I was never once disappointed in food the whole time we were down there...and I am one of the pickiest eaters you will come across!! After eating we went to look for yet another card shop, but didn't want to drive into downtown Dallas, so instead we went to the mall!
*
The only thing we bought was some candy from the candy store, a go on the rides for Sissy and Bubba, Sissy a ride on the train, and pictures of Sissy and C in one of those little picture booths. But all in all it was a good time...Sissy even went pee-pee in the potty there. They had a family bathroom, which had a little potty in it along with a regular size one. When I sat down to go she wanted to as well. After a minute or so, she went! I was so proud of her that I didn't care how much candy she got at the candy store!! LOL
*
We left from there and headed back to the house. Bubba and Hubby laid down to take a nap, while L, C, Sissy, and I went to the pool...where Sissy almost drowned, not once, not twice, but three times!! The way the pool is set up is odd, there are 3 different sections to it. In the middle section there is a round spa and then around it the pool is about a foot deep. But in that area with the foot deep water are 2 spots that are 3ft 6in. Well we told Sissy over and over not to go over there because she would fall in...she's stubborn. She did it anyways, and I had to jerk her up out of the "hole" 3 times!! Darn kid!!
*
That evening we had supper and went to bed pretty early. Tuesday morning, we got up, got ready, packed, and headed home. The weather in Texas was cloudy, but the only precipitation we got was a little mist. Once we hit the Arkansas line...the bottom dropped out. About an hour from home, I had to drive oh so very slow because it was pouring...I mean POURING!! We could barely see in front of us, Hubby and I were both on the edges of our seats just trying to see out of the windshield!
*
We were so ready to be home once we made it at about 215p. One reason was Sissy was homesick. For the last 2 hours of the trip home, she kept saying, "Mommy, I go home". We had to run by the store so that Hubby could get something and she was upset that we didn't go directly home. Poor kid! Once we did though, we all crashed for about an hour and a half!!
*
Hubby is still on vacation for the rest of this week, so we deciding if we want to do anything else or just sit at home...except if we sit at home, we will have to clean it! Not what I want to do right now!!!
*
Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
*
After the zoo, we were all starved...prices at the zoo for food is ridiculas! $2.50 for a bottle of water...wow!! Anyways, on the way back home we stopped at Fuddruckers to eat. It was awesome! We had never eaten there before, but we both wish there was one close to home!! YUMMO!! After eating, we headed home, all in need of naps again. Once we got the kids laid down, Hubby and I left to go watch Wolverine. It was pretty good, I would watch it again for sure.
*
Monday morning, Hubby wanted to go check out some card shops. The one we went to was right next to a Poor Richards Cafe so while he looked around the rest of us went next door to order some lunch. It was also good. I do believe that I was never once disappointed in food the whole time we were down there...and I am one of the pickiest eaters you will come across!! After eating we went to look for yet another card shop, but didn't want to drive into downtown Dallas, so instead we went to the mall!
*
The only thing we bought was some candy from the candy store, a go on the rides for Sissy and Bubba, Sissy a ride on the train, and pictures of Sissy and C in one of those little picture booths. But all in all it was a good time...Sissy even went pee-pee in the potty there. They had a family bathroom, which had a little potty in it along with a regular size one. When I sat down to go she wanted to as well. After a minute or so, she went! I was so proud of her that I didn't care how much candy she got at the candy store!! LOL
*
We left from there and headed back to the house. Bubba and Hubby laid down to take a nap, while L, C, Sissy, and I went to the pool...where Sissy almost drowned, not once, not twice, but three times!! The way the pool is set up is odd, there are 3 different sections to it. In the middle section there is a round spa and then around it the pool is about a foot deep. But in that area with the foot deep water are 2 spots that are 3ft 6in. Well we told Sissy over and over not to go over there because she would fall in...she's stubborn. She did it anyways, and I had to jerk her up out of the "hole" 3 times!! Darn kid!!
*
That evening we had supper and went to bed pretty early. Tuesday morning, we got up, got ready, packed, and headed home. The weather in Texas was cloudy, but the only precipitation we got was a little mist. Once we hit the Arkansas line...the bottom dropped out. About an hour from home, I had to drive oh so very slow because it was pouring...I mean POURING!! We could barely see in front of us, Hubby and I were both on the edges of our seats just trying to see out of the windshield!
*
We were so ready to be home once we made it at about 215p. One reason was Sissy was homesick. For the last 2 hours of the trip home, she kept saying, "Mommy, I go home". We had to run by the store so that Hubby could get something and she was upset that we didn't go directly home. Poor kid! Once we did though, we all crashed for about an hour and a half!!
*
Hubby is still on vacation for the rest of this week, so we deciding if we want to do anything else or just sit at home...except if we sit at home, we will have to clean it! Not what I want to do right now!!!
*
Hope everyone else had a good weekend!





sounds like y'all had a blast, and i'm jealous because i'm in serious need of a good vacation! have a good rest of the week!
ReplyDelete