Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Short" Story #4....Second Pregnancy

*****
In October 2007, we celebrated Sissy's 1st Birthday! It was a great week, 3 parties, but lots of fun with family and friends.
*
A few weeks later I was sick. It when away, but then a week or two later, I got sick with something else. Not normal.
*
I was at work one day and my boss made some comment to me that I in turn popped off to him. He laughed and remarked that I least I wasn't crying (when I first started I made myself cry...yes, I can do that...to make him feel bad about picking on me. He never forgot that!) One of the girls made some comment about no, that I wasn't going to cry because I wasn't pregnant.
*
That started a conversation between me and one of the other girls about pregnancies and such. Her two kids are both teenagers so she was kinda reminiscing, as was I. I had told her that with all 3 of my pregnancies, Sissy's and the 2 miscarriages, that it seemed as if my immune system went down and I always got sick.
*
She made some smart-alec remark about, "Well weren't you just sick, and now you're sick again?!?!" To which I replied, "Yes, but I'm not!" After some thinking about it, I couldn't recall when Aunt Flo visited last. I told her that and she said that I should take a HPT(home pregnancy test). I said that if I did that and it came out positive, that when mean that it was real. To which she so lovingly added, "As opposed to 9 months from now and you are giving birth?" Okay, she had me there.
*
So I grabbed one off the shelf, I worked at a local pharmacy, had her ring me up, and off to the bathroom I went. 2 minutes later, I couldn't believe my eyes! I walked out of the bathroom, holding the stick, and asked her to come to the back. I showed it to her and asked what she thought that meant. She said, "Well, Honey, I think that means your pregnant."
*
Pregnant?!?! What?!?!? Sissy was only 13 months old! Yes, we wanted another one, but not right then! I lost it! I started crying, not knowing what to do, or what to tell my co-workers about why I was crying. I told my friend that I was going to take a break and run home and tell Hubby (he was home sleeping because he worked overnight the night before).
*
When I got there, I woke him up, and this was our conversation:



Me~ "Honey, you love me, right?"
Hubby~ "Yes"
Me~ "If I tell you something, will you just tell me that everything will be okay?"
Hubby~ "Why? What happened? What's wrong?"
Me~ "I'm pregnant..."
Hubby~ "So why are you crying?" Reaching for me to hug me
Me~ "Because I'm not ready to have another one. Not right now. Sissy is only 13 months old. It's too soon..."
Hubby~ "Honey, calm down. It will be okay. We will handle it . Everything will be okay. Give me a hug and then go back to work."
Me~ Still sobbing, "Okay"
*
He was more excited and happier than I was for the first 4 months or so. I still cried almost every day about it, but thank God, I wasn't near as sick with pregnancy #2 #4 as I was with Sissy. That worried me at first, but then when we hit our halfway mark, we realized that things were fine.
*
I didn't have blood pressure problems this time around, but I did have thyroid problems. My mother has thyroid disease and so the doctor always checks me for it. Apparently, this pregnancy triggered it. So once a month, I had to have my blood drawn to check it. Not fun!
*
About 2 months before my due date (July 23), I started feeling the effects of my hypothyroidism. I was so tired, and just dragged thru the day. When they checked it again, it was still pretty low and they decided to put me on medicine for it. At least until I delivered.
*
At about 3 weeks to a month before my little man was due to arrive, I had to quit work because I could barely make it thru the day anymore. It wasn't worth it. I had to take care of my baby and myself.

(23 Weeks and 2 days pregnant with Bubba)

*****

That's all for this "short" story. Watch for the next one coming soon. If you haven't read my other ones, here's the links to those. Until next time...

*

"Short" Story #1....Crush 2 Hubby

"Short" Story #2....First Pregnancy

"Short Story #3....L&D With Sissy

1 comment:

  1. OK girl, I am hooked..this is like a good book...I keep anticipating the next story!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete