Friday, June 19, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

I just had to post this before I forgot:

Sissy made this little Bible stories book at church a couple of weeks ago. She calls it her Bible. Well this morning she laid it down, in Bubba's reach, so he grabbed it. She threw a fit, screaming and yelling at him, "My Bible, Bubba! Let Go! Give me my Bible!! Give it to ME!!!" All while he still has a huge grip on it, yelling back at her. She finally gets it from him and tells him, "Tank You" so very calmly. He's still screaming because she took it away. She's standing beside him, and he's crying...looks at the book, looks at her, looks at the book, looks back at her and hits her! LOL!
*
Yes, it's cute now, because she's not even three yet, and he's almost 1!! In a few years, it's probably not going to be so cute! Shortly after that happened, Sissy was standing behind him by the couch, and he leans back on her, just smiling. She kisses him on the forehead, he turns around and kisses her right back! See, they do love each other!!
*
Yesterday, we took the kids to my parents house so that they could swim and Hubby could go fishing. It turned out a lot different than what I anticipated. Sissy is usually the one that loves the water and going swimming. Bubba, on the other hand, is the one that doesn't like the water..if it is colder than his bath water. So I was very much surprised when the roles were switched. Sissy clung to me, screaming at the top of her lungs, the whole time she was in there. I put Bubba in a Baby Float and he floated around the pool just chilling. He even figured out that if he kicked his legs, he could make it around the pool quicker! I wish I would have had my camera...but I wouldn't have been able to handle both kids and my camera by myself! Sissy sat on the pool ladder and just watched us. She would kick her feet in the water a few times, but refused to get back in with us. Darn her!
*
My parent's are leaving today, probably as I type this, to go to the beach. My sisters are going with them...my sister, W, and her family, my sister, J, and her family, and then my little sister, C. They are going to have so much fun! We would have loved to go with them, but there would have been no way. Hubby just took a vacation last month, and he's taking another one at the end of July when his mom comes in from Florida!! I'm hoping that next year the kids will be old enough to take them down there. Maybe...
*
My weekend is going to be long and busy, I am hoping to remember to take pictures. We will see if I remember my camera!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment