Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What kind of mother....?

Have you ever met a "lazy" mom?
You know the ones that have a kid, who is almost 3 and still wears a diaper because the mom is too lazy to work with them when it comes to potty training?
Or maybe the one that has a baby that is about to be 1 and yet still has a bottle about 4 times a day because the mom is too lazy to sit down and feed the child?
Yeah, me either!
Sissy still wears diapers because it's a fashion staple. I mean really, her pants would fall down to her ankles if it wasn't for the bulge from the diaper.
And Bubba, well he still gets a bottle because I am just so BUSY to sit down and feed him. Between, keeping the house clean, and chasing the both of them around...it's a job in itself.
*
"Really?" you ask...no not really. I AM that lazy mom!!
But I have some excuses:
Sissy isn't potty trained because she refuses. I try and work with her, but she just yells and screams at me about. She will go every so often, but it's more of a battle..that I am NOT willing to fight with her over. In my own opinion, I think it would be harder to train her, fighting with her, than if we waited until she was ready.
As for Bubba and the bottle..well, I actually just realized today that he will be a year old a month from yesterday AND he's still on the bottle. With Sissy, we broke her from hers cold turkey. Really! She went for her 9 month check-up at about 10 months and the doctor told me that he would like to see her broke from it by a year. So that night, we went home and she hasn't had one since! Poor child was a trooper. She had to have withdrawals from it, but never showed it!
*
I can't believe that these are things that could be easily taken care of, if I just applied myself. I spend most of my time on the computer, watching TV, cleaning house, cooking breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, and playing with the kids. I tend to neglect the fact that my daughter, who will be 3 in October, still wears a diaper and that my son, who will be 1 next month, still has a bottle.
*
What kind of mother am I?
The kind that loves my children more than the thoughts and feelings of the rest of the world!

3 comments:

  1. with Kili having so much going on with all the medical issues, I am not even about to rip that bottle away yet!!! She has just started to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but Bubba doesn't have any medical issues...in fact he is a VERY healthy little man. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better Bryson is 3 1/2 and is just now potty trained. That is as of 2 weeks ago. He still wears a diaper at night though. You have to do it on their own pace. Buy little Miss some princess panties to wear during the day and she will get the hint. You will have to clean up a few messes but that is what helped Lexy. As far as the bottle goes...go buy the nubby brand sippy cups. That makes the transition from bottle to sippy cup a little easier. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete