Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Who's party is it?

I am a people pleaser. I HATE confrontation. I know, I know, who REALLY likes it. But I hate it to the point where I see both sides to every situation. Even when I am the one doing the arguing! It's annoying sometimes...I feel like Sweden, they're the ones that stay neutral, right?
Anyways, I have to start worrying about just pleasing a handful of people...God, myself, my husband (sometimes) and my kids (sometimes). As for everyone else...well, if you're happy good, if not, sorry!
You see, I have been stressing about both Bubba and Sissy's birthday parties since, well, they were born! Where can we have it so that people will go, we can invite everyone so no one feels left out, and so that everyone will fit...my house is not big enough to hold a large crowd, at all!!
Bubba's birthday is in 3 weeks...and I have yet to start planning anything because I have no idea where to have it at. I would love to have a pool party...Bubba LOVES to swim, but we don't have a pool. My parent's have one, but they live 30 minutes from here...not sure Hubby's family would drive that far to go. We could have it at the local public pool, but would anyone want to attend.
I mean, really, is it their party or my son's?!?! Exactly...so what should it matter! As long as he has fun, it shouldn't!
As for Sissy's, her birthday is in October, and I have decided that we are going to have a small party at our house. Family and a small handful of friends. Of course, that will probably change when the time gets closer.
Yep, I try to please way to many people!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how much it costs to rent the public pool for a night, but I've been to several kids birthday parties there and it's always a good turnout! And if it costs too much, just do it at your parents place -- surely your in-laws would drive 30 minutes for his FIRST birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say do it at your parents! I have reached the point where I can not stand drama or confrontations either. I say do it how you want, and if they don't drive (and it's not that bad, not like 3 hours or something!!) then that is ridiculous. =) But I AM getting meaner in my old age. ha ha

    ReplyDelete