Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stress Be Gone!

I am so excited to say that I am no longer stressed over Bubba's 1st Birthday, that is less than 3 weeks away!
*
Hubby and I had a conversation about the destination of the party. This is how it went...
-Me: So I was thinking that we could have a swim party for Bubba's birthday, either at the pool or Mom's house.
*
-Hubby: Let's just do it at your mom's.
-Me: But if we have it there, there is going to be a lot of people that aren't going to go.
-Hubby: And?
-Me: That means most, if not all, of your family, will NOT be there!
-Hubby: And?
-Me: Okay?!? I just don't want anyone to be upset with us.
-Hubby: Bubba loves to swim. Let's give him a swim party. If people don't want to go, then so be it! It's Bubba's birthday, not theirs!
*
That made me feel a LOT better. His family being there, or not being as the case more than likely will be, was what bothered me. Yes, I would love for them to be there to celebrate his 1st Birthday, but if it's just because it will be 30 minutes away, well, sorry!
*
As for the theme, when I called my mom yesterday to ask her about using her house and pool for the party, she asked if I had got a theme for it yet. I told her that I was just going to go with the cheap generic "Happy Birthday" stuff they have at Wal-Mart. She asked me about Cars. What about it? She said that she has some Cars stuff left over from what she thinks was my little sister's birthday party years ago. That all I would have to buy is some plates and party favors...of course the food too.
*
That's just kick awesome!! Now I am more excited about his party then stressing about it! Of course in the week before it, you can bet that I will be on here again, stressing about this or that...

2 comments:

  1. Happy its working out so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's nice when things fall into place and the stress is gone. =)
    And once again, I am shocked at the not driving 30 mins. Seriously? Weird. =P
    My (extra) family is the same way. Not one of them even called after my gma died. Why are some families retarded?

    ReplyDelete