
(Our engagement picture)
Neither one of us wanted a fancy wedding for many reasons. So we opted to go to the courthouse and have the judge or a JP do it for us. The week before we planned on leaving, we talked about just getting married on the beach in Pensacola, but didn't know how to go about it. We planned on leaving on Sunday, and on Thursday morning, we talked about going to the courthouse Saturday....but yes, we then realized the courthouse would be closed. So since we already had our marriage license in hand, we called up the JP that worked at the local bank and asked if he would marry us the next day. Thankfully, he said yes.
So on Sept. 18, 2002 I became Mrs. Hubby! A year later, we moved from the place we called home to a place 2.5 hours away for Hubby's job. It was a very hard time for us, seeing as we didn't have any family up there, and the only "friends" we had were people we worked with. We decided to start a family after about 6 months to a year of living there. Two miscarriages later, we decided that it was time to stop trying...neither one of us could take losing another one. Especially being so far away from loved ones!
After being up there about 3 years, Hubby got the opportunity to move back "home". Of course we jumped on it in a heartbeat! We had been back home for a week, and something told me take a HPT. It was positive! But we weren't positive that things would be okay. So we tried not to get too excited. I made an appointment with an OB/GYN and he started me on some progesterone pills. They made me extremely sick, but in the end were definitely worth it.
So after 2.5 years of trying to get pregnant, on October 17, 2006, the Lord blessed us with a beautiful little girl. I know that He had a plan for us, and it didn't include having a baby so far away from our families. We were truly blessed!
(Daddy, Mommy, and Sissy)
The next year was a whirlwind. We loved our little girl so much, and our love for each other continued to grow. We had so much fun as a family and decided that since it took so long for us to get pregnant with Sissy, that when she turned 2, we would start trying for another one. The Lord, of course, had different plans. A about a month or so after Sissy's 1st birthday, I was having a conversation with a co-worker that led to me taking a pregnancy test...long story. Yep, pregnant. I wasn't so sure about it, I mean they would only be 21 months apart! Would I be able to handle it? Would Sissy be able to handle it? Would our family be able to it?
But that didn't matter...because on July 15, 2008, Bubba was born. We couldn't be happier! Our family felt complete.
(Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, and Bubba)
The past 7 years of our marriage have had its ups and downs, but we wouldn't change any part of it. We love our kids and we love each other! Who knew that 11 years ago when we first met, we would have the life and family that we have know. Filled with love, laughter, kids, and each other!
(Daddy, Bubba, Mommy, on Bubba's 1st Birthday)
Happy Anniversary, Hubby! Here's to many, many, MANY more!!! I love you!!






LOve it love it love it love it!!!!!! Congrats you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, you are the first girl I have ever heard of proposing! But, hey thats what makes relationships different! AND 7 years!!! WOOW! lol Branson and I have been together for 6, married for 3 on November 4th! Congrats girl!!
ReplyDelete