Well, hello 2010! It's wonderful to see you. I ask that you please be as kind/if not more kind to us than 2009 was. Thanks ~Shauna Mama!
Here is a recap of 2009...enjoy!
January
- We celebrated Christmas with my dad's family. We also took our first family picture since Bubba was born in July.
February
- Valentines Day I made some heart cupcakes for Hubby, which was our 7th Valentines Day together.
March
- We lost my great aunt this month. It was very tragic, she was killed in a car accident.
- The month was fairly pretty so the kids and I went outside quite a bit for some pictures.
- A fever virus started going around, and my kids both got it. Thankfully it lasted less than 48 hours!
April
- The hubby decided he wanted to take the kids up on the mountain...on a cold, rainy, dreary day...yeah, let's not do that again!
- My niece was baptized.
- My Granny passed away later that night after a battle with her kidneys shutting down on her.
- The day we buried Granny, a tornado hit and devastated our small town.

May
- For Mother's Day, Hubby surprised me with a 5 day vacation to Dallas/Plano. We went and stayed with his aunt and cousin, went shopping, lots of eating, and went to the Dallas Zoo.
- I turned 27!
- My little sister graduated from 6th grade...she was heading to high school!!

June
- Sissy and Daddy had their first date night where they went to see Transformers 2, which btw, is too long of a movie for a 2 1/2 year old to sit through.
- Hubby and I took the kids on their first fishing trip...not that anyone but Hubby fished.
July
- Bubba got to experience his 1st Fourth of July celebration at my parents house.
- At that same celebration, I thought I broke my ankle!
- Bubba turned 1!!!!
- Hubby's mom and step-dad came in for vacation from Florida.
- We were determined to potty train Sissy that week....we succeeded!
August
- My uncle came to visit us, it's the first time I had seen him since Sissy's baby shower. Which meant this was also the first time he had met either of my kids.
- I chopped all my hair off...and I love it!
- Our church started up a Mother's Day Out program which my kids attend!
- Hubby started working overnights. :-(
September
- I had my first paying photography gig...in which some of the pictures where featured in the local paper!
- Hubby and I celebrated 7 years of marriage!
- Hubby got his much anticipated job promotion!!!
October
- I made cake balls for the first time for a family Halloween get-to-together. Hubby criticized me in saying he didn't see the point of them. He then tried one, and then another, and another, before long, half of them were gone before we made it to the function!
- My niece, KH, was born the day before Sissy's birthday. Which in turn makes my cousin's son's birthday on the 15th, my niece's on the 16th, Sissy's on the 17th, and my Granny's would have been the 18th.
- Sissy turned 3 and had a Princess themed party!
- We sold my SUV and bought me a truck!!!!
November
- We took the kids to deer camp and stayed the night for the first time. The kids loved all the food and fun.
- We celebrated my dad's birthday. He doesn't look bad...for a 53 year old!!
- We had a nice Thanksgiving lunch, and then went out to the mountains for another Thanksgiving lunch with my dad's family.
December
- We had to make our first ER trip for either child. Bubba fell, ripped his ear, and had to have 3 stitches in it. The trip traumatized us all!!
- Bubba found my "not so hidden" hidden Christmas present...a Canon Rebel XSi!
- I had my second paying photography gig....before I got my new camera!
- We enjoyed spending Christmas with both our families without
anymuch drama. - Sissy got a Princess Bike from Santa!
- Sissy helped me bake a cake for Hubby's 32nd Birthday!


So all in all, 2009 was a pretty good year. It treated us well. 2010, here's to you, and the greater things yet to come!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment