It is day 10 of my fast. And I am going crazy!!
I was planning on just going for a week, but God had other plans. As I was laying in bed, saying my prayers, this past Thursday night, He spoke to me. I know it had to be the Holy Spirit, because I never would have thought of this on my own. As I was praying about strength during my fast, a small still voice said, "Fast until something happens."
Ummm..what??
Okay?!?! Do I have enough strength to do that, or faith? I know that with God, anything is possible. So I just have to continue to look towards Him.
I WAS fasting pretty much anything with flour. No crackers, tortilla shells, pasta, bread, rolls, biscuits, anything breaded. After I decided NOT to disobey God (I'm not taking my chances even if it wasn't Him!!), I realized that I would have to change my fast up a little if I was going to make it at all. Now it's just no tortilla shells, breads, rolls, biscuits, or anything breaded.
Doesn't sound too hard though, does it? Well for someone like me that HAS to have some sort of bread with every meal, it's more than hard! I've done pretty good, so far. I made burritos last night for Hubby and the kids, but I had nachos instead...I hope that is acceptable. Anyways, this morning, the family wanted biscuits/gravy, eggs, and fried deer meat.
Okay, I can do that. But I didn't realize how hard it was going to be!! That's my favorite breakfast meal! There are biscuits left over...and it's killing me to NOT eat one!!
So here is my prayer for today...right now.
"Lord, give me the strength to make it through this fast 'until something happens'. I pray for faith in You to do what needs to be done. I know that by fasting it shows my faith in You...so I pray for the ability to continue onwards. You know the reason I fast, You know the thing that weighs heavy on my heart. I pray that Your will be done not only in my life, but those that I fast for! In Jesus name I pray. Amen"





hey you have made it futher than any of the rest of us could. God WILL speak to you again and let you know when it is time to stop!! Just keep with it!!!!!
ReplyDelete