It has been a LONG week! Sunday, of course, was church. Sunday night, though, our church started our Spiritual Renewal Conference, which lasted until Wednesday night.
Monday, I picked up the house, then Monday evening went to the SRC. Tuesday, the kids and I went to my parents house to clean, then to the SRC that evening. Wednesday, I did a couple loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen, had a nursery committee meeting at 5pm, and then the SRC that evening. Thursday, was MDO. The kids didn't go because Hubby started his vacation that day, but I had to work. Today, Friday, we had to go back to my parents house to finish cleaning. We then came home, ate supper that Hubby made...frozen lasagna...and then the kids and I went to WM for some grocery shopping.
As we were checking out, I realized that I got a little too much and had the cashier take off a $12 pack of steaks. "TWELVE DOLLARS!?!?!?" you ask? Yes! It was a pack of 6 individually wrapped sirloins. With only 2 of us that eat steak, that's 3 meals...for 12 dollars!!
Anyways, as I was loading the groceries and the kids into the truck, a lady came up to me.
"Ma'am?"
"Yes?"
"Here, this is from the Lord. Do you know what that means?" while handing me a WM sack with the steaks in it!!
"Thank you! Yes, I do! Thank you SO much!" I said with tears in my eyes.
I was too busy trying to load the groceries and kids up that I didn't have the time to think about refusing them, saying something differently, giving her a hug, or even saying, "Bless You!!" to her!
I have been torn in many different directions over this.
- Did I look that pathetic with my nappy hair and clothes (didn't change or shower after cleaning the 'rents house) and my two small children (which Bubba, btw, was already in his flannel footed pajamas) that she felt the need to help me?
- Since when am I the person someone feels the need to help or perform a random act of kindness towards?
- Bless the lady that had the heart, and need, to pay $12 for a package of steaks for a complete and total stranger!
- A package of steaks of all things!! I could understand if it was a package of diapers or something, but steaks??
- Maybe the lady realized that I was NOT putting back something that we WERE in need of, like diapers, to be able to keep the things we DIDN'T!
- Pay it Forward!! My former preacher's wife told me to do just that. She also informed me that if I would have refused it, the lady would not have gotten the blessing she was looking for...not a praise towards her, but to God!
- I have also realized that with that package of steaks, that's 3 meals that we otherwise, might NOT have had.
The Lord is Awesome and knows what He is doing, though we may not! But, it is NOT our job to know!! We are just supposed to have faith and know that He is God!!
Have you ever had someone perform an act of kindness to/for you? If so, how did you 'handle' it?
Have you ever PERFORMED an act of kindness to/for someone else? If so, how did they 'handle' it?





okay I am officially here with tears. That lady was truly an angel. God tells us that sometimes we entertain angels unaware!! And that is what you have done. She was truly blessing and praising the Lord the way she thought she could....Praise the Lord Shauna, and all that he does!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletei think it was super sweet! also she was going to witness to you! how cool is that! IF you had not know Christ as your Lord and Savior she was going to make sure you did after she was done:) i always go to walmart lookin' a mess with my 3 kids wearing who knows what:)!
ReplyDeletejosh tried to give his shoes to a guy in mcdonalds once...the guy refused.
i think it is awesome and we all need to play it forward, in Jesus name!!