My weekend was pretty normal. Except for Sunday. That day was busy. Busier than usual.
*
We went to early services Sunday morning, which starts at 9am. As soon as church let out, I had to run home and bake my Sopapilla Cheesecake that I was taking to our family reunion. Then off to it we went. We got there around the time we thought we were going to eat, but there was only a few people there. When we did get to eat, my whole family had to scarf it down because we had to be back at the church by 1:30pm to watch my uncle be ordained.
*
I wish that I would have remembered to grab my camera and take pictures of it. It was the most emotional, amazing thing to see. I've been to one other ordination before, but with it being my uncle...wow! He was ordained to become a Youth Minister. He is currently taking classes to get his Christian Counseling Degree. His entire family is so happy and proud of him, that's for sure! He is doing what God has called him to do, and that in itself is amazing. I, myself, am still trying to figure out what it is that God is calling me to do.
*
Off that subject, Bubba's 1st Birthday is coming up, quickly. July 15th, actually. And I haven't even started planning a party. I haven't even decided on a theme yet. With him only being a year old, he's not really "into" anything really. Hubby is into Superman, and has this towel that hangs in his window with the Superman symbol. Everytime that we take Bubba in there, he just stares at that towel. So we thought about doing Superman as the theme. But then again, Wal-Mart doesn't carry Superman birthday stuff, but they do carry Transformers, which he also seems to like. So we just don't know.
*
Sissy has already told us that for her birthday party, 5 months away, that she want's a "Umicorn" party. So that's an easy one.
*
If you have any ideas for me, please, feel free to let me know!
*
We went to early services Sunday morning, which starts at 9am. As soon as church let out, I had to run home and bake my Sopapilla Cheesecake that I was taking to our family reunion. Then off to it we went. We got there around the time we thought we were going to eat, but there was only a few people there. When we did get to eat, my whole family had to scarf it down because we had to be back at the church by 1:30pm to watch my uncle be ordained.
*
I wish that I would have remembered to grab my camera and take pictures of it. It was the most emotional, amazing thing to see. I've been to one other ordination before, but with it being my uncle...wow! He was ordained to become a Youth Minister. He is currently taking classes to get his Christian Counseling Degree. His entire family is so happy and proud of him, that's for sure! He is doing what God has called him to do, and that in itself is amazing. I, myself, am still trying to figure out what it is that God is calling me to do.
*
Off that subject, Bubba's 1st Birthday is coming up, quickly. July 15th, actually. And I haven't even started planning a party. I haven't even decided on a theme yet. With him only being a year old, he's not really "into" anything really. Hubby is into Superman, and has this towel that hangs in his window with the Superman symbol. Everytime that we take Bubba in there, he just stares at that towel. So we thought about doing Superman as the theme. But then again, Wal-Mart doesn't carry Superman birthday stuff, but they do carry Transformers, which he also seems to like. So we just don't know.
*
Sissy has already told us that for her birthday party, 5 months away, that she want's a "Umicorn" party. So that's an easy one.
*
If you have any ideas for me, please, feel free to let me know!





What church do ya'll attend?
ReplyDeleteFor first birthdays I generally just pick a color and base the party on that. It makes it real easy to mix and match decorations and such.
Kili's is coming up June 17. I don't know what I am doing yet either.... maybe ladybugs??
ReplyDeleteAshley~ We go to Dallas Avenue here in town. Started going almost a year ago, and the kids and I love it!! Hubby doesn't go because he works almost every Sunday!
ReplyDeleteCasey~ Ladybugs would be a cute idea. Sissy loves ladybugs too, but she insisted on Unicorns. Hubby bought her "The Last Unicorn" on DVD and she watches it ALL the time! She loves that movie!