As I have posted before, my grandmother is in the hospital, and has been since I think before Christmas. She had fallen and hurt her leg pretty bad, they had taken her to the hospital here in Mena for awhile, then the week before our family Christmas, which was Jan. 3, the transferred her to St Joseph's in Hot Springs.
*
She goes thru ups and downs a lot. One day she's doing really good and we think she is going to get to come home soon, the next time something happens and it doesn't look good.
*
Saturday afternoon, I get a call that my grandma had a mini-stroke that morning. They had her stable so I didn't NEED to go up. Of course I wanted to, but with two little ones, and at 5pm at night, I didn't feel like it was an option.
*
Last night before bed I had decided that kids and I would get up earlier than normal and go to the early morning service, which starts at 9am (the 2nd service which is the one I normally attend starts at 1030am).
*
Well we did, but when we got there, none of my family was there. I called my mom's cell phone and she informed that my grandma had been put in ICU last night and they didn't get her stable until after 3am!
*
After that, I decided that instead of church, I would go to Hot Springs and see her.
*
I didn't reconize her at all!! She was so pale and yellow looking that it didn't look like her. I had found out that the hospital was giving her 2 pints of blood A DAY, and it still was showing that she wasn't making any or receiving any. Her blood pressure is being all wacko and she is in pain but can't take any pain medicine.
*
I would love to go see her more, but with the kiddos, it's hard. I have felt bad about it, but yesterday she told me that I needed to, "Take care of those babies!" It made me realize that, yes, I should go see her, but she understands and would rather me take care of my little ones. I think that's what makes it harder.
*
I ask that you pray for her, and our family. Lord knows we need it!!
*
She goes thru ups and downs a lot. One day she's doing really good and we think she is going to get to come home soon, the next time something happens and it doesn't look good.
*
Saturday afternoon, I get a call that my grandma had a mini-stroke that morning. They had her stable so I didn't NEED to go up. Of course I wanted to, but with two little ones, and at 5pm at night, I didn't feel like it was an option.
*
Last night before bed I had decided that kids and I would get up earlier than normal and go to the early morning service, which starts at 9am (the 2nd service which is the one I normally attend starts at 1030am).
*
Well we did, but when we got there, none of my family was there. I called my mom's cell phone and she informed that my grandma had been put in ICU last night and they didn't get her stable until after 3am!
*
After that, I decided that instead of church, I would go to Hot Springs and see her.
*
I didn't reconize her at all!! She was so pale and yellow looking that it didn't look like her. I had found out that the hospital was giving her 2 pints of blood A DAY, and it still was showing that she wasn't making any or receiving any. Her blood pressure is being all wacko and she is in pain but can't take any pain medicine.
*
I would love to go see her more, but with the kiddos, it's hard. I have felt bad about it, but yesterday she told me that I needed to, "Take care of those babies!" It made me realize that, yes, I should go see her, but she understands and would rather me take care of my little ones. I think that's what makes it harder.
*
I ask that you pray for her, and our family. Lord knows we need it!!





No comments:
Post a Comment